UPSC prelims date to be announced on June 5. Earlier the examination was scheduled for May 31,2020. The new dates will be announced on June 5 after assessing the situation. UPSC prelims date were supposed to be announced today as per the previous notification. The commission has notified that the revised program will be uploaded on the official website on June 5,2020 after assessing the situation.The exam was postponed due to outbreak of coronavirus pandemic and the nationwide lockdown. The commission stated today that UPSC prelims date to be announced on June 5
The dates for further events i.e. admit card and mains schedule are likely to be announced after preliminary examination. The commission also said that due to the extension of nationwide lockdown the exams cannot be resumed at the present. Along with the UPSC preliminary examination a lot of other examinations have been postponed till further notifications.
Also Read: CMA exams extened
The revised dates are mentioned below:
|Examinations||Previous Dates||New Dates|
|NDA and NA(1)||April 19,2020||To be notified|
|Civil Services Preliminary||May 31,2020||To be announced on June 5,2020|
|Indian Forest Services(Preliminary)||May 31,2020||To be announced on June 5,2020|
|I.E.S and I.S.S Exam||June 26,2020||To be notified|
|Scientist B/Geophysicist||March 31,2020||To be notified|
|CAPF A.C||August 9,2020t||To be notified|
How to Stay Motivated Amid the Extension Period?
Civil services preliminary exam,scheduled for May 31,has been extended. The fresh dates will be announced on June 5. The extension has made a lot of students anxious and full of stress. Believed as one of the toughest exams of the country UPSC Civil services is a toughnut.The students should not be demotivated during this period and they should use the period as an opportunity to boost their prelims marks.Some important suggestions to stay motivated amid the said period are mentioned below:Some important suggestions to stay motivated amid the said period are mentioned below:
- Plan your schedule: Since there is much time remaining for the examination the students shouldn’t feel relaxed.One should make a plan and stick to it.Start the revision of topics which are moderately prepared.
- Test series: Join test series and take the tests on a regular basis.Some of the most popular test series are of Insights,Vajiram,Drishti IAS,Chanakya Prelims Test Series etc. Test series will help the students to understand the approach of the question pattern in the examination.
- Current affairs: As the exams have been postponed the period of current affairs in the question are likely to be increased. Do not stop stocking the daily current affairs and keep reading newspapers
- Limited study material: As you have got more time don’t waste it in piling up more resources. Engage with already existing resources and revise it. Piling up extra materials will confuse the students about the topics as every author has a different approach to writing.
- Answer Writing Practice: As the exams are already delayed the commission won’t keep the usual gap between civil services prelims and mains exams. Start writing answers of previous year questions and practice as much as you can. Answer writing is one of the most important parts of this exam.Understanding the approach of answer writing will lead you to success.
- Book Reading: To write an answer you need to stick to a proper way of writing. Having an idea of the topic alone would not help you to write a good answer. Bookish language is necessary to be grabbed to frame an answer. Reading books will provide you with the idea to use important points at required slots.
- Stay Away from Social Media: Don’t waste this precious time in engaging with social media.It is very necessary to consider this time period as an opportunity to clear the exam.As stated earlier mains exams are likely to be considered soon after civil services preliminary exam. So dedicate each moment towards the preparation.
Also read: Coronavirus Pandemic-Myths Vs Facts
Apart from all the above mentioned points keep in mind the aftermaths of the current situation. The whole world is suffering from this pandemic and no vaccine has been found yet. Maintain social distancing and follow all the instructions of the government.Eat healthy foods,practice meditation,spread awareness. Always keep in mind this too shall pass and together we shall overcome.